Every month, my Darcy does a grateful list over at her blog. I've been trying to focus on being more grateful for small things in my life that I love, so I asked her if I could "steal" her idea and she said yes. Thanks Darcy! So here goes, my first attempt ever.
- Listening to the Serial podcast and wondering whodunit.
- Watching Transparent (Netflix's new series).
- Watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving for the first time with A.
- Being in kind of a mystery mood and reading two great ones: Before I Go to Sleep and The Secret Place.
- Taking in the Worn to be Wild Exhibit and seeing new Picasso at the Chrysler.
- Hitting the Bruce Munro Light exhibit at the Hermitage with M. and A.
- Ramen from Kappo Nara.
- Mongolian BBQ with the fam for L.'s birthday.
- James making his delicious hummus for Thanksgiving.
- Getting surprise pumpkin macaroons and fresh biscuits from the neighbors on Thanksgiving Eve.
- Meeting halfway with DC friends and spending a fall day in Richmond.
- Visiting Montpelier on a whim and having a great time.
- A lazy afternoon at Cafe Stella with George.
- Walking the Garden of Lights with friends.
- A 75-degree day at the park with pretty much everybody we know there, too.
- Finding the best pair of vintage boots ever.
- New Warby Parker glasses.
- Black Friday thrifting with M. and K.
- Molly and T. and the kids joining us for Thanksgiving.
- "Miri, thank you for sitting with me. And for being my friend." - overhearing A., talking to her classmate, totally unprompted.
- Making gratefulness feathers with Kelly and the little girls (A. was grateful for Elsa, Anna, and food).
- Going to family chapel and hearing A.'s class recite and sing in front of the whole school.
- Lots of late-night sewing: making pillows, a sweater, and finishing piecing my first quilt!
What kinds of wonderful things are on your list?